Samstag, 9. Januar 2016

My Christmas Box!





At the very end of last year, I received my Christmas box from Jana and her class in Germany, whilst she received hers from me. Unfortunately, I was not able to take any photos of my box before I sent it off, but I do have some photos of the collection of amazing Christmas chocolate and gifts that Jana and her students sent to me! Although, by the time these photos were taken, the children and I had already eaten a few of the sweets!;)

Amongst the things we were sent were: a CD filled with Christmas-themed songs, some small Christmas story books, some German tea-bags, and of course, lots of chocolate and lovely messages from the pupils. It was so fantastic to see the cards that they had spent time and effort on, with the message, 'Merry Christmas!'

I was also amazed by the enthusiasm with which my students enjoyed writing down the German Christmas phrase Frohe Weihnachten on their cards. They were really excited to send them off to the German children, and were even more happy to receive our cards.

I'd also like to thank Jana for being so thoughtful as to send us this famous German poem. I was able to translate it for my class, some of whom didn't know whether German Christmas traditions were similar to British ones or not. The poem led us to discuss what sort of things they do differently in Germany (such as, celebrating most of Christmas on Christmas Eve).

Letztes Jahr haben wir unser Weihnachtspaket von Jana und ihre Klasse bekommen. Leider konnte ich nicht Fotos machen, bevor ich mein Paket geschickt habe, aber habe ich einige Fotos  der Sammlung der Weihnachtskarten und Schenken, die Jana und ihre Klasse geschickt haben.  (Ich muss zugeben, dass die Kinder und ich schon ein paar Paket Schokolade gegessen haben, als ich dieses Foto gemacht habe!)

Eine CD von Weihnachtslieder, einige Weihnachtsbücher, ein paar deutschen Teebeutel, und natürlich viele Schokolade und Weihnachtskarten der Kinder wurden geschickt. Es war fantastisch diese Karten mit der Botschaft ,Happy Christmas!' zu sehen. 

Die Kinder war unglaublich begeistert, die deutsche Botschaft ,Frohe Weihnachten!' zu schreiben, und war aufgeregt, als wir diese Karten geschickt haben, und die Karten der deutschen Kinder bekommen haben.

Ich möchte Jana bedanken, weil sie dieses beliebte deutsche Gedicht geschickt habe. Ich konnte es für meine Klasse übersetzen, die die deutschen Weihnachtstraditionen nicht wussten. Wir konnten dann reden, welche Traditionen ähnlich oder anders mit englische Traditionen sind.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen